Monday, March 19, 2012

digital video editing...not for the faint at heart....

So, we got some experience with digital video editing recently and I can tell you, it was quite frustrating.  It took us a lot of time to edit our video only to have it completely fail on us.  Good thing, our buddy Laura, who has tons of patience was working on the editing, because I'm pretty sure if it had been me, something would have gotten broken. ;)  

I'm thinking that I would leave this experience with older students in MS or HS.  It's a complicated process in the best of times.     Also, another lesson learned was to make sure cameras are compatible with your computer....that was not the case here. 

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps there are ways that you can scaffold the process so that students are not using the full range of editing tools? Rebecca Boyer posted some ideas in her latest blog :)

    ReplyDelete